Java is a general purpose object-oriented programming language. A Java program is mostly a collection of objects
talking to other objects by invoking each other's methods
. Every object is of a certain type
, and that type is defined by a class
or an interface
. Most Java programs use a collection of objects of many different types.
Now best known as a web programming language, Java's functionality extends beyond the web with support for the development of general purpose applications in both standalone and client-server environments on a variety of hardware platforms.
Java is largely a collection of constructs and features found in other programming languages.
JAVA is an object oriented internet programming language. Its main features are platform independence, security.
Uses of Java Application
Now a days java is mostly used in automated system. There are many devices where java is currently used. Some of them are as follows:
- Desktop Applications.
- Payment gateways applications.
- Web Applications such as irctc.co.in, indianrailways.gov.in etc.
- Enterprise Applications such as talecomunication application, banking applications.
- Mobile Applications.
- Integrated System
- Smart Card.
- Games etc.
What is Java Technology
The Java Technology is:
- A Programming Language .
- A Development Environment .
- An Application Environment.
- A Deployment Environment.
Primary Goals of the Java Technology
- A language that is easy to programme because it:
- Eliminates many pitfalls of other languages, such as pointer arithmetic and memory management that affect the robustness of the code.
- is object-oriented to help to visualize the program in real-life terms.
- An Interpreted environment resulting in the following benefits:
- Speed of development.
- Code portability