History Of Java
- Java was initiated by James Gosling, Patrick Naughton, Chris Warth, Ed Frank and Mike Sheridan at Sun Microsystems, inc in 1991.
- Initially called Oak and was developed as a part of the Green project
- In the spring 1995, Oak was renamed as "Java". Java is just a name not an acronym.
- It is designed for to create software to be embedded in various consumer electronic devices, such as microwave ovens and remote controls.
- Originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems(which is now a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation) and released in 1995.
- JDK 1.0 released in(January 23, 1996).